Re: [RC] [RC] Prizes - terry banister

Yes, I look at them as "ride mementos" and not prizes. I think that if someone paid their fees, showed up for the ride and participated in any way, they should still get their "been there" token. To me, the completion "award" is gaining the sanctioned mileage and points. And my whole wardrobe, including a few pairs of riding pants comes from Thrift Stores :-}

Terry
"May the Horse be with You"

>From: <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxx>
>CC: <Magnumsmom@xxxxxxx>, <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [RC] Prizes
>Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 18:17:28 -0600 (MDT)
>
> > I suggested that to the AERC Board one year and got a "standing
> > ovation." But, of course, competition is part of the sport for a good
> > many riders. But getting rid of awards would certainly get rid of many
> > of the problems we hear about. Then everyone could ride for fun and
> > mileage alone.
>
>Well, actually, I do appreciate the T-shirts. <g> After I pay entry fees
>and gas money and all my horsey bills, I'm too broke to buy clothes... :-)
>
>Heidi

>There is something really special about getting to ride all day, and all
>night on your horse. I know that a lot of people like to get finished, and
>get it over with. Yes, it is a lot of work. But, realize that each ride,
>especially a 100 is a really special gift and savor it for all it is worth.
>~ Karen Chaton
>
>ridecamp.net information: http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page ? FREE download! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/

I still prefer what it is that BH100, Tevis, The Duck's Soup of Endurance,
etc. has to offer...but, to see a horse canter over sand for those
distances...Good Lord, it humbles me.
~  Frank Solano