RE: [RC] [RC] LD Name Change - Nancy Mitts

In my Webster's New World pocket dictionary, 4th edition, Copywrite 2000
The definition of "limited" is: "restricted"

So, a Limited Distance event, as compared to an Endurance event, is restricted. Restricted in distance as well as in completion criteria that differentiates it from the defined Endurance distances of 50 miles or more.
It would only make sense to me to change the name if we are going to remove the restrictions. (Unless we change it to Restricted Distance, perhaps "RD" sounds better than "LD")
IMO AERC better hang on to the name Limited Distance so we may continue holding these events with restrictions, and leave it to some other group to institute 25 mile unrestricted races if they choose.

Nancy Mitts

Watch LIVE baseball games on your computer with MLB.TV, included with MSN Premium! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200439ave/direct/01/

Every horse can be taught to walk faster than you think.  It is one of the
most important qualities of a good riding horse.  Some have it naturally,
others need to learn. On the other hand, if you are riding a tired horse,
an easy jog is more efficient, covers more groumnd with less effort.  (it's
the rebound effect of the two beat trot)
~  Dot Wiggins