Re: [RC] [RC] re: any horse can do 25, etc. - heidi

For those of you who do not believe that there is a problem between
real
endurance riders like Cindy here and LD riders, please, read her post
again.
  Folks, there is a problem.

Cindy is one of the few extremely experience endurance riders who bother
to share their ideas with the rest of us. I LOVE to see her post every
time she posts. So many people with a wealth of knowledge don't take the
time to participate in ridecamp and eventually we end up with a huge
class and no teacher. When she speaks I listen. Seems like I'm one step
behind her in life, having already decided to try and come up with the
money for dressage lessons even if it has to come from the competition
fund for awhile. Her last post put me over the edge and now I'm sure I
want to. Go ahead and flame her, run her off like the other people with
a wealth of knowledge and you'll end up with a lot of eager pupils in
the beginner's ranks and nobody to listen to but those who don't realize
how far they have to go before they're ready to lead.

Angie

Bravo, Angie.  I was trying to figure out how to answer Howard's post as
well, but you did it superbly.

As for mentors, any LDer with half a brain would do handstands to have
Cindy as their mentor.  (Heck, I still could use Cindy as a mentor.)

And you're absolutlely right, Angie, as to why so few folks bother to
"mentor" on Ridecamp--it gets downright depressing.  It sure would be fun
to be on a forum where folks like Cindy could chime in and share their
knowledge and observations without being attacked for it.

Heidi

The two best drugs to have in your kit are Tincture of Time and a Dose of
Common Sense. These two will carry you through 99.999% of the problems
associated with horses and endurance competition.
~ Robert Morris