Re: [RC] [RC] re: any horse can do 25, etc. - Maggie Mieske

I've read a bit of this debate but since it is as it was when I originally
joined Ridecamp about 6 years ago, I haven't read them all.  I do have some
comment:  I HAVE seen the Midwest start offering more LD rides because
riders asked for them.  I was one of those riders.  I am now also a ride
manager and I offer LD.  I have not seen any of the problems with LD that I
see people griping about here on RC.  Maybe that's where the problem lies?
It's just not out there.  I am just not seeing it.  But then I live on a
peninsula so maybe I don't get out as much as I should!  :)  Lighten up,
folks.  Go out and ride.  Have some fun.  Laugh a little.  Hug your horse,
your spouse, your kid, the 100 mile rider, the LD rider, the comp rider and
the volunteers at all the rides. I plan to do some 25 comp and 25 LD this
year as well as a 100 (maybe even 2 if my school schedule allows), some 50s
and the Shore to Shore.  I LOVE IT ALL.  It all has its place and we all
have our place but this kind of crap isn't going to promote our sport very
favorably.
Miles of smiles,
Maggie
http://arabianquest.com/samaha_arabians.htm
"So many of our dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable."
Christopher Reeve

The two best drugs to have in your kit are Tincture of Time and a Dose of
Common Sense. These two will carry you through 99.999% of the problems
associated with horses and endurance competition.
~ Robert Morris