Re: [RC] LD/Endurance - Chris Paus

Just because they CAN, doesn't mean they SHOULD!
There's a big difference between taking a fit horse
out and trotting through a 25 and taking out a horse
from the pasture and coaxing and babying him through
the ride. I've done the latter when my distance horse
cut himself a week before the ride and it wasn't much
fun monitoring the less fit horse and getting him
through the ride. We got the job done, but it wasn't
one of my favorite rides.

chris

Again, I agree that there are a lot of RIDERS who
can't do it.  But the
majority of HORSES can!

Heidi

REAL endurance is eating egg salad sandwiches for 3
days straight! Heidi
Sowards... but then again... REAL endurance is
riding behind someone who
ate egg salad sandwiches for 3 days straight!
~ author unkown

ridecamp.net information:
http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus
If you treat an Arab like a Thoroughbred, it will behave like a Quarter
horse.
~  Libby Llop