Re: [RC] LD/Endurance - Ed & Wendy Hauser

"...We got the job done, but it wasn't
one of my favorite rides..."

The same thing can be said of riders.  I provided a fit, 50 mile, endurance
horse to a girl friend.  We all did a 25 mi. CTR at Pillager, MN. (
Incidentally, this is the toughest course in MN.  The allotted time was ~4
hours 30 minutes  plus a 30 minute hold.  Because it is a UMECRA, Midwest
ride, there was a 50 endurance, a 25 LD and a 25 CTR going on all at the
same time)

My girl friend thought she was in good riding shape.  She would ride the
second day of an organized trail ride bareback.  By the time the ride was
over (She got 3rd place) she was so sore she never could be convinced to
even think about Distance Riding again.

Ed

P. S. The next year I met Wendy, and brought her along with lots of LLSD
(Loving, Long, Slow Distance).  One of the best things I have ever done.

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx
406.642.6490

I still prefer what it is that BH100, Tevis, The Duck's Soup of Endurance,
etc. has to offer...but, to see a horse canter over sand for those
distances...Good Lord, it humbles me.
~  Frank Solano