Re: [RC] LD/Endurance/BC - Truman Prevatt

Up front it states that records shall be maintained. This is the only point where the concept of maintaining records are mentioned. I later defines the that come under the AERC umbrella, "endurance ride" and "limited distance" ride.

As they should be the bylaws are silent on how the awards should be awarded for anything. They are silent on mixing or segregation of endurance vs. LD miles. BTW nowhere in the bylaws does it define Limited Distance is for training, now riders, etc. In fact a search shows that the word "training" does not appear in the bylaws. The definition of limited distance is almost identical to that of an "endurance ride" except for mileage involved and age of horses involved.

The requirement to keep records is fully satisified by the database.

The issue of if miles should be awarded as combined miles is a political question that is up to the BOD to deal with - it's not specified in the bylaws.

Truman

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
There is no prohibition in the bylaws to the AERC keepting track and
giving credit for total miles in sanctioned AERC events.

No, Truman, there is no "prohibition" of that.  But there is an express
direction to keep records

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.