Re: [RC] LD/Endurance/BC - heidi

There is no prohibition in the bylaws to the AERC keepting track and
giving credit for total miles in sanctioned AERC events.

No, Truman, there is no "prohibition" of that.  But there is an express
direction to keep records of endurance rides, and an express definition of
what an endurance ride is.  (Sometimes you actually have to read different
parts in context--what a concept.)  Taken together, those things mean that
there IS an express direction to keep track of endurance mileage.  And
that IS separate from LD mileage.

And since the organization kindly keeps track of LD mileage as well (which
it does NOT have to do per its bylaws), you already HAVE the total
numbers, should you care to add them up.

(Although, since it is NOT mandated by the bylaws, the AERC has NOT gone
back and tallied the pre-1996 or thereabouts LD mileage--it is clear that
tracking LD mileage is a courtesy to the riders, and not something that
the organization is required to do at all.  And I'm not gonna make a
federal case out of the fact that I have LD miles prior to 1996 that don't
show on my record, since that is not the organization's responsibility.)

Heidi

Many of the endurance riders in our top echelons of competition, now and in
the past, exemplify the 'common man' not the hierocracy. It is this
possibility, this chance to come to the fore, that makes endurance
competition of the Aussie/American type so much more desirable to part of
the world.
~  Bob Morris