Re: [RC] LD/Endurance/BC - Truman Prevatt

I would not asked the question about bylaws if I hadn't already checked. There is no mention of the AERC providing awards for mileage. There is mention of the AERC keeping records of events - they do that by the database. The word "mileage" doesn't appear in the bylaws.

There is no prohibition in the bylaws to the AERC keepting track and giving credit for total miles in sanctioned AERC events. The argument about CTR, etc. is little more than a red herring since these rides are not AERC sanctioned and outside the purview of the AERC.

Good ideal, bad ideal - I don't have an opinion on that. It may be a way to start bring the pieces of the organization closer together - instead of this "separate but unequal" status as some perceive we have today.

Truman

Joe Long wrote:
On Fri, 14 May 2004 21:33:26 -0400, Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>