Re: [RC] LD/Endurance/BC - Truman Prevatt

Joe Long wrote:
On Fri, 14 May 2004 09:55:52 -0400, Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

But it wouldn't take a by-laws change to say roll the LD miles into
lifetime miles for either horse and/or rider.

Of course it would.  As it should.  The Bylaws specifically defined endurance
rides because a fundamental purpose of the AERC is to keep the historical
records of endurance rides.

Article 2.01 a) defnies the Conference is established to promote endurance riding.

In article 2.03 in defines the that the AERC is responsible for keeping records associated with endurance riding.

Prior to this establishment and definition of responsibility there has been no definition of "endurance riding."

That is done in Article 4 and particularly in article 4.01 which as two parts a) and b). In a) it defines an "endurance ride" and in 4.01 b) it defines a "limited distance ride." Hence as the bylaws read and given the logical flow to the definitions both "endurance ride" and "limited distance" comprise endurance riding.

The only place "records" are mentioned as related to the events associated the AERC is in Article 2.03.

At no point do the bylaws mention mileage records. At no point do they specify that the two parts of endurance riding have to be segerated. The bylaws are silent on these issues.

Hence, some may think it should or should not - the bylaws seem to be leave it to the political process of the Board of Directors.

Truman

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.