[RC] interferes, forges, clanking, need imput - skoost

RE: intefering and forging

I have switched to Cytec shoeing.  It rolls the toe, and brings it back so
they don't trip(which he did)
He no longer inteferes in the rear or forges on the fronts, and he has all
four shoes on.
Type in Cytec into your browser and find the information including
blacksmiths in your area.  It is not right for every horse, but when it
works, it works.
Sue koost

If you can, you might want to consider taking off the shoes of the back
feet.  This is one of those easier aspects of shoe'n that almost anyone
can  learn to do.   I'd see if you're farrier would be willing to teach
you how  to do this.  That way, if it starts to happen again, after he
puts on those  shoes, you would be able to remove the back ones
yourself, if the horse  continues to forge, and keep on riding.

I've had a few horses who do this when they have shoes on their back
feet.   When this happens I take off the back shoes and keep the front
ones on.  I  shape the back toe as far back as possible, keep riding
(always got to keep  riding) and eventually will get it right for that
paticular horse.

cya,
Howard