From: "sherman" <sherman@xxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC] [RC] interferes, forges, clanking, need imput Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:48:55 -0700

I've always heard it referred to as "forging" and I wouldn't wait until it's time to shoe again, I'd call your farrier now & see if it can be taken care of right away. My farrier has to roll the front toes so the horse will pick up the front a little sooner, as well as square off the back toes. I was not aware of our horse doing this when we got her, but then when we had to switch farriers (she had had the same one for 7 years) it became obvious. Now I just have to remind the new farrier each time he comes out. It might help to always trot out your horse before & after new shoes to make sure the horse is travelling correctly. Good luck!
Kathy

Express yourself with the new version of MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/

Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough ~ Theodore Roosevelt