Re: [RC] Redefining "Endurance Ride" - John Teeter

> Kat wrote:
> _I_ would WELCOME the idea of the AERC redefining endurance to be anything of 25 miles or greater,

possibly AERC should look to the solution FEI has provided for this problem:

  CEI     ==> Endurance
  CEI*    ==> LD
  CEI**   ==> 50
  CEI***  ==> 100
  CEI**** ==> 100 Championship (or definitely a RACE)
  CEIO    ==> National Federation Special Designation (1/country/year)

Not to imply that AERC require FEI sanctioning on all events (under USEF fee structures, this would break the sport), only to point out that LD >IS< Endurance (CEI) in FEI-ville.

jt.

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse`s ears. ~ Arabian Proverb