[RC] LD's - WRSINOSKY

Here, here, Howard!  I agree with bringing LD's back into the endurance fold, but then I've just started endurance riding.  Personally, I don't know if I could do 50.  My body is getting old and decrepit, my back hurts, my shoulders and hands hurt, etc., etc..

There will always be the people who want to race 25 or 30 miles. I'm not one of them. My horses mean far more to me than points.  Doimas the Beastie could do 50 with no problem, but I'd be worried about him the entire ride. Ditto with Sebastian. I live in some extremely rugged country out here in AZ. It's all desert and sand and rock. That's my training area and I love it.

On my first ride at Wickenburg I didn't notice any critical looks or comments from the 50 milers. As a matter of fact, they were all very helpful to me. So it came as a surprise to discover LD'ers were looked down on by some.  Oh well, guess I'm in my own little world with the smell and sight and sound of horses inundating my brain.

Cindy Edwards
Buckeye, AZ