[RC] Frozen Shoulder - sherman

[RC] Frozen Shoulder - Alison Dunn

Ackkk!!  I've just been diagnosed with frozen shoulder!  I'm into my fourth month - just starting on the second cycle (see internet - there is plenty on it!)
My doctor said using it would hurt - but not hurt it.  I had quit riding since the beginning of February as Sorin's occasional spooks and even trotting had started to really hurt.  (And forget doing gates!)  I had been diagnosed with a possible rotator cuff injury at the time.  Some internet articles say to 'avoid sudden jerking motions' during the rehab period (which is about a year, by the way!)  I can't not ride for a year - its been killing me enough not to ride in one of the most beautiful (as in dry!) California springs we've had in awhile.
Anyone else had this? (There should be plenty of you, as the statistics of having it are mostly women in their fifties!)  What about riding?  Any encouraging success stories? Thanks!

Hi Alison,
The websites I looked at described my previous shoulder pain with one exception, mine had been ongoing for over two years before I decided I'd better do something about it. I could barely mount my horse anymore and it was bad enough that I'd wake up frequently during the night, could barely put on a front closure blouse or jacket, had a hard time turning a steering wheel, it even hurt when walking and I was only 49! I was told I'd need surgery, but my neighbor said his surgery was worse than the pain, so I tried glucosamine & condroitin instead. In a couple of months, the pain subsided, and I have now been pain-free for about 4 years. I still use the glucosamine. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but it may be worth a try. Just make sure you take enough of it & for long enough to see if it works.
Good luck,
Kathy