Re: [RC] Frozen Shoulder - heidi

Hi Alison,
The websites I looked at described my previous shoulder pain with one
exception, mine had been ongoing for over two years before I decided I'd
better do something about it. I could barely mount my horse anymore and
it was bad enough that I'd wake up frequently during the night, could
barely put on a front closure blouse or jacket, had a hard time turning
a steering wheel, it even hurt when walking and I was only 49! I was
told I'd need surgery, but my neighbor said his surgery was worse than
the pain, so I tried glucosamine & condroitin instead. In a couple of
months, the pain subsided, and I have now been pain-free for about 4
years. I still use the glucosamine. I know it doesn't work for everyone,
but it may be worth a try. Just make sure you take enough of it & for
long enough to see if it works.

I'd add to that a good antiinflamatory and a competent physical therapist.
Modalities such as ultrasound to increase the circulation and ionization
to neutralize the free radicals help a lot, too.  Been there, done that,
still riding...  :-)

Heidi

The two best drugs to have in your kit are Tincture of Time and a Dose of
Common Sense. These two will carry you through 99.999% of the problems
associated with horses and endurance competition.
~ Robert Morris