[RC] wolves killing livestock and reasons why - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Kimberly Price kprice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'd like to throw one bit of somewhat little known research is out there, that
wolves do indeed kill many sheep or lambs at once as the prey are enclosed by
fences.  In the real world the prey can disperse and get away, the predator
drive is satisfied when one animal is brought down, but our man-made artificial
world creates an environment where the predator drive is accentuated by prey
which cannot dispurse and massive killings become common.

So no, it isn't for 'fun' although some is to teach youngsters how to hunt.
Also, research shows if you take out the predators then another will take its
place, maybe one not as well behaved as the first.  IF there are no more
predators then the prey that MAN likes to hunt will be diseased as man only
weeds out the young tender strong meat, not the old and sickly meat like
natural predators do, and once again the balance is screwed up.

It is the right wing anti-predator thinking which endangered  the wolf and
grizzly to threatened extinction in the first place.  Sorry, but I believe in
feedlots for our cattle and wild places our predators can still populate.  Its
time we recognize the value of this and quit destroying the earth God gave us.

joys of being a pompous idiot is that you can do and think
whatever you want.
~  Homer Safferwiffle