[RC] Racing - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Jen scarface1013@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Give me a break, haven't you ever seen a reining horse or a roping horse stop
at a sliding stop? Or better yet, ask Alice how fast her 1000lb horse can
stop when he spooks. The problem is when the rider can't "control" their
horse.

Keep in mind that reining horses have to wear special no traction shoes in
order to stop like that or else the torque on their legs causes damage, so I'm
wondering if an endurance horse could actually stop on a dime like that.

Jen

When you ask a Quarter horse for something he says - Sure -  and when you
ask an Arab for something he says  - Why? -
~  Heidi Smith