Re: [RC] Racing - Ed & Wendy Hauser

"...I'm wondering if an endurance horse could actually stop on a dime like
that...."

I accidentally proved that to be the case.  One time my horse and I had a
disagreement as to which way we would go at a "T" during a wind sprint up a
hill.  Suddenly we both realized that things were to fast to go either way,
I reined him in and he did the quickest sliding stop on the hard packed
gravel that I have ever experienced.  When I got back to camp I found that
he had slid out of his back shoes! They were still on, but about 1/4 inch
back from where they had been.  Obviously, given the stresses involved in
this I have never tried to get him to do it again.

Ed

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx
406.642.6490

It is how we "feel" deep inside that matters, cause each of us knows the
truth, regardless of how we try make it complicated.  It just isn't.
~ Frank Solano