[RC] racing - larry Miller

Racing is a two way street.  All persons involved whether rider, racer, or spectators need to be aware.  End of race accidents have gone on since the beginning of endurance.  Some come to mind, end of race at the end of a nice run off but with a gate into camp, gate closes, racers had horses turn into gate and crash, remember Jinnifer?  I remember one race into camp where someone had left their baby next to the trail and as we roared past a yellow jackets nest fell on the baby!!  Even having a safe run off doesn't necessarily mean a safe race.  One just needs to be aware.  And maybe as one gets older, racing isn't quite as important although it sure is a rush!  Jeanie