Re: [RC] Truck vs. SUV - melanie . o

Well I must admit that I had pretty much set my mind on a 3/4 ton
Suburban--plenty of room for the dogs to stretch out, or to put a futon for me
in the back, hay rack on top, 2-H slant in the back.  I don't foresee ever
owning a
BAT, so gooseneck not an issue.  AND here is Utah used Suburbans are
EVERYWHERE.  It is *THE* yuppie mormon family car of choice (to illustrate this
fact, today I saw a SUB going down the freeway w/ the license plate NO MO--just
letting everyone know that it *wasn't* a "mormon assault vehicle"). >;->

Then you all threw a wrench in my plan and told me to get a quad cab!  THEN a
buddy from work offered to sell me the ultimate hauling vehicle: 1 ton Dodge
diesel, ext. cab, dually, stakebed w/ lift gate, 5 yrs. old, 100k miles for
$13,000.  And he'll throw in new tires, brakes, and the factory bed too!  I
have to admit it sounds like a great deal, but I just can't see myself buzzing
down to the market in this.  Really, it would never leave the house except to
haul horses (or horse-related accoutrement).  I am torn.  Or I could just keep
letting other folks haul my horses and save my money.  <sigh>

melanie in UT

btw, if anyone knows of a boarding place around SLC/PC that has trail access
and endurance riding buddies, PLEASE let me know...
Riding alone is when you teach a horse all the "tools" and "cues" he needs
to handle the trail, to hold a speed, deal with hills, etc. It's also where
you develop the "bond" that causes him to "defer" to you before losing his
cool.
~ Jim Holland