[RC] Nail pricks - WRSINOSKY

Darn! Does this mean I can't use a hammer anymore?  Personally, I prefer a big, fist-sized rock to slug Doimas over the head with, then say no. A board wrapped in barbed wire also works pretty well.

Seriously, folks, before one of you comes gunning for me. There are times when I would like to use my .38 on him. This boy does not take anything seriously, never has since the day he was born. He's like a big, overgrown kid with the sense God gave a gnat. But he always seems to know where his feet are, so I try not to get too upset when he gallops backwards down a steep rocky hill. He knocked me down one day, then tried to jump over me and miscalculated, breaking my nose with a front hoof. And while I'm on my hands and knees, trying to hold my nose together, he comes bouncing back to grab me by the back of my belt. What a darling!  I see him outside right now, biting his 2 y/o stud colt buddy in the rear. They do the "who can tear the flymask off first" game, then shake it in the other guy's face and play tug of war. The colt had Doimas' eggbutt ball the other day, and Doimas threw a fit and ran him off. That's "HIS" ball!

Anyway, sometimes I do smack him upside the head to get his attention (fleeting as it may be). But my other hard ridden boy, Sebastian, would freak if I hit him. That poor guy was all scarred up and skinny when I bought him. He has alot of issues and although I've had him 4 years, he's still fried between the ears.

In addition, I like alot of the stuff John Lyons and Pat Parelli teach, but I kind of mix it all into what works for me. If I didn't I'd still be standing out in the pasture a week later, running Doimas in a circle to try and get him on the trailer.  And my mustang mare doesn't do round pens. She'll drop dead before she does old Monte's "give".

Anybody out there going to the Cobre Ridge ride this weekend?

Cindy Edwards in Buckeye (96 degrees and counting) AZ