Re: [RC] new horse? - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 3/31/2004 12:34:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
melisamk@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

The problem is she is EXTREMELY head shy(most especially
around her ears). It was a battle to get the bridle on.

Hi Melissa,
My gelding is very ear-shy...we joke that he has "sacred ears."  LOL  I bridle
him by being very patient, speaking very soft baby talk to him, and have taught
him to lower his head a bit in response to light pressure on his face and poll.
The key is patience.  Until you can get a bridle on the horse without a fight,
you can also get headstalls that don't have a browband - they fasten like a
halter, so there's nothing you have to put over the horse's ears.  If you like
everything else about the horse, I would not let this scare you off.

Dawn in East Texas
and Chivas (owner of the sacred ears)
One would think that logic would prevail. But then, if logic did prevail,
men would ride sidesaddle.
~  Bob Morris