Re: [RC] Nail Pricks etc - Chris Paus

If he's gotten worse instead of better over the years,
maybe you should investigate the reason.

JHMO

chris
--- Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Please Reply to: Ray O'Donohue rno2m@xxxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Frank,my friend: you might be able to get on Chico
and do what others cannot.(Frosty morning:Ride him
away from the cantering group and travel parallel to
them,cantering slowly,stopping occasionally, with
them still in sight,AND have Chico stay quiet and
calm and cooperative,no

rearing,jigging,side-passing,crow-hopping,propping,etc.Hell,while
we're at it let's say  there's slack in the reins
the whole time and you are whistling a tune.)I don't
say nobody can do this.But the person who can will
be someone very unusual.I've often thought some
little kid might have no trouble with him
whatsoever.He never did any of wild stuff with me
when I first got him.I couldn't ride at all,in those
days. Chico taught me gently for a while,and then
gradually taught me the Full Chico Method of Rock &
Roll horsemanship. It's sure been interesting,and I
can pretty much ride any other horse now.If I
thought I could safely experiment with sticking him
with a nail I would.Might try it in a plowed field
one day.

===========================================================When
you ask a Quarter horse for something he says - Sure
-  and when you
ask an Arab for something he says  - Why? -
~  Heidi Smith

ridecamp.net information:
http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus
REAL endurance is dressing for 20 degrees in the AM and by noon its 85
degrees!
~ Heidi Sowards