[RC] Re:1. Bute for colic? 2. "Compunded dipyrone?" - DarkHorseGoddess

>>2.  Speaking of Dipyrone....the vet also mentioned that he had found a place where he could get "compounded Dipyrone".  Has anyone ever heard of that?  Is that safe

WHERE?? Dipyrone is great for colic. That is what the Vets used to used before it was banned. The reason it was banned was because the cow folks started using it for meat & dairy animals, so the USDA banned it. Just before it was banned, my Vet stocked up on it, and gave me a bottle, to keep in hand for my old horse Banjo who used to coliced at least 2-3 times per year. It was a wonder how effective that drug was.

Bute for colic, only if I didn't have access to Banamine.  Raven (not a Vet, nor do I play one on TV) LOL