[RC] Nail Pricks etc - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Ray O'Donohue rno2m@xxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Frank,my friend: you might be able to get on Chico and do what others
cannot.(Frosty morning:Ride him away from the cantering group and travel
parallel to them,cantering slowly,stopping occasionally, with them still in
sight,AND have Chico stay quiet and calm and cooperative,no
rearing,jigging,side-passing,crow-hopping,propping,etc.Hell,while we're at it
let's say  there's slack in the reins the whole time and you are whistling a
tune.)I don't say nobody can do this.But the person who can will be someone
very unusual.I've often thought some little kid might have no trouble with him
whatsoever.He never did any of wild stuff with me  when I first got him.I
couldn't ride at all,in those days. Chico taught me gently for a while,and then
gradually taught me the Full Chico Method of Rock & Roll horsemanship. It's
sure been interesting,and I can pretty much ride any other horse now.If I
thought I could safely experiment with sticking him with a nail I would.Might
try it in a plowed field one day.

Quarter horse for something he says - Sure -  and when you
ask an Arab for something he says  - Why? -
~  Heidi Smith