[RC] how do i know your not laying in a ditch somewhere? - RENESPONY

glad to hear some of you are heading to FOXCATCHER this weekend.
i really need to go out and ride more. its almost April and i have no
conditioning plan.
man, i cant wait to move out of this place. the only place i can ride is
across the street in Carolina forest. that's not bad but one of my top 5 rules
is
never cross a busy road while out riding. if you fall off, your horse may run
home and get hit.
i should know better to follow my own advice.
i was out walking down a side street to get into the forest and rugby tripped
and fell down  a drainage ditch. i still had the rein, but he sucked out of
my hand and went bucking away. neither one of us was hurt, but rugby was
convinced he did something wrong and went home without me- across rt 112.
he crossed ok, but everybody in the neighborhood was sure i was dead somewhere
and came out looking for me!  i just wanted to know if he made it across the
street. but hey, one of the neighbors will let me ride in her corn field till
they plow and plant. that should help for a while.
For some reason my knee hurts even though I landed on my back 2 feet from the
ground.
This is no way to start the year. I cant even lunge at this place or ride him
down a little bit before I head out.
anybody doing appleblossom? The way I am going, flatlanders 50 is going to be
my first ride. Yikes!
got to get me a good mule.

Rene and Rugby
One would think that logic would prevail. But then, if logic did prevail,
men would ride sidesaddle.
~  Bob Morris