Re: [RC] Sandhills Stampede -- Lost Horse - SteelSideDown

I saw the owners of the Paso that got lost about 3pm Sunday.  He is absolutely fine.

The horse in Raleigh did well over Saturday night, then fell again Sunday late morning.  The team there was concerned his last fall may have done irreparable damage to his already badly damaged shoulder.  There was no word when I left, whether a decision had been made.

The wild little Paso, with the attitude Saturday night at vet in, redeemed himself Sunday on the trail and with the vets.  While still being the little spitfire he is, he calmed down, did his job and safely got his rider around the 30.  I was so proud of him eating, drinking, and generally relaxing at the vet check.  His Napoleon attitude combined with his kind, but novice rider, got him in a bit of trouble as he ran out of steam on the last loop about 5 miles out.  He got dehydrated (geesh those little things sweat a lot!) and needed some fluids at the end.  Amazingly he took all the "attention" very well. Peed 7 times in 4 hours, returned to awesome gut sounds quickly.  And was on the trailer around 4pm -- he ate everything in the trailer (including some of my mares mane).  He is healthy and ready to be a spitfire yet another day due to the wonderful caring crew of vets Patsy assembled.  Thanks so much to everybody that checked on him, shared their experiences, and reassured his owner.  This was his owners first ride, you guys made her feel "the love".

Jen and Sha Ka Ree  (aka The Megab_ch)
9th in Saturdays 55!  (yaaaa! fat mare)