Re: [RC] [RC] No Sweat Vent Pads - dixie midnight

Kathy writes on Tue Mar 16:
I know there has been discussion about these pads before because I checked the archives first. However, from the archives I couldn't really determine if all vent pads are created equal (and the same 3M material is used to make them all) or the Dixie Midnight is a superior product and if you use any other brand your horse will suffer. I'd appreciate your opinion, based on experience with these pads.
Thank you much,
Kathy (who is trying to get everything together for 11 yr. old daughter & self and hopefully will attend a few rides this year)

Hi Kathy!

Just HAD to bring this one up, didn't ya? :-) I'm still embarassed from that last go-round.....

ANYway, once and for all: Genuine Original Dixie Midnight No-Sweat vent pads are NOT made by anybody other than me, by my very own self, in my very own facility, using my very own formulations.

Some other folks, over the years, have tried to duplicate the No-Sweat, with varying degrees of success, all ultimately ending in failure. If you ride a lot, the failure rate of the knock-off will be faster than if you are a casual rider, but fail it will.

There are two types of failure which are the most prevalent, in my experience:

1) Initial stiffness and inflexibility of the product. This is inherent from the beginning, and cannot be remedied. This one is the most common. It'll sore your horse in three hours or less.

2) Ingredient failure over time (1-3 years), evidencing itself by exhibiting stiff and/or broken fibers, which become quite rough, thus soring the horse. This one is less common; it is found in products showing intial flexibility, but that doesn't last.

No-Sweat vent pads exhibit NONE of the above characteristics, remaining soft and flexible for as long as 15-16 years, regardless of exposure or riding hours. That's one of the reasons why the No-Sweat is guaranteed to perform as described for as long as you own it or your money back.

The choice, of course, is yours.

But...if you'd like to have a No-Sweat, I'd be pleased to make one for you.

Karl Dixie Midnight No-Sweat vent pads http://www.dixiemidnight.com Come see us!

Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech Hacks & Scams. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/techsafety.armx

REAL endurance is reading the LD vs. Endurance thread/debate every 3
months!!!
~ Heidi Sowards