Re: [RC] 2004 Endurance Team - John Teeter

> ... That means that 90% of the riders pay for the AERC. That means that 90% of the riders support
> the ride managers and ride their rides.

The above is a very weakly supported conclusion. It assumes that FEI riders do not contribute to AERC (or ridemanagers) by competing in AERC events.

I don't know any FEI riders who do not also ride actively in AERC rides. In fact, I postulate they likely are more active in the AERC events than the average AERC member (i.e. they ride, as a group average, at a higher level of annual miles than the overall average. That is, while they are a small group (10%), their overall contribution, in terms of dues and rider fees, is greater on average, than that of the overall average AERC member.

So rather than 90% (the non-international) members paying for the AERC, the 10% group actually pays more for more than 10% of the AERC (implying that the 90% group pay for LESS than 90% of the costs of AERC:)

These guys do lots of miles (check out Dennis or Suzie or ...) they average way above the average membership of AERC. and thus contribute more on average to the AERC $s than the average member.

It is foolish to encourage fragmentation within the AERC.

johnt

The whole ride experience can be very hard, and at times you question why
you put yourself through such abuse. But then you remember all those
moments when you pop up over a hill and are suddenly surrounded by the most
stunning views. It's just you and your horse and for a moment time stops
and you can hear the angels sing. Therein lies the addiction, at least for
me. ~ Leslie Beyers