Re: [RC] Olympics and endurance? - Typef

Say it isn't so! Boy, this thread has really blown my bubble on why I ever
watched the Olympics and what they stood for. But then, I hardly ever watch
any of the human sports at the Olympics because I think most of them are
boring. Who watches shotput or handball or curling, for crying out loud? But
then I'm just a girl. Girls don't usually go for that stuff. LOL And I get
enough basketball, baseball and football the rest of the year to tide me
over, thank you.

While looking at the official olympic site on the list of current sports (of
which more than 3/4 I've never watched) I also discovered the list of
discontinued sports, one of which was Polo.

And it IS odd that there is only one animal involved in human Olympic
sports. If man's best friend is a dog, what is a horse doing in the
Olympics, anyway?

If what you say is true about 3-day eventing, it looks like I'll not have
much reason to watch Olympics in the future. Now that the Outdoor Life
Network is not showing equine events on a routine basis like they were a
couple of years ago, I'll have no way of seeing this stuff. We used to spend
our Saturdays eves.watching show jumping, dressage and cross country just
because there was nothing else on. I do, however, have tickets to the World
Cup in Las Vegas in April to hopefully watch Rodrigo Pessoa take home
another gold. Although I don't even know if he's coming because without the
Outdoor Life Network, I have no idea who's doing what to who anymore. We
went two years ago and it was so exciting to see in person all the people we
had been watching on TV for months. I've never jumped a fence in my life and
my husband really doesn't even ride but for us both it was just a tremendous
experience, watching the best in the world at their particular area of of
the equine world.

:) Jackie