Re: [Fwd: Re: [RC] New Poll up] - John Teeter

> we're not even getting accurate data on the number of horses that are treated at AERC rides.
> Why? Because the information is not being turned in like it should.

Verify your facts on this one. I think the reports are going back to the AERc office and being stashed somewhere rather than reviewed and used. Fix the backend of the process in this case.

> And, these are supposed to be our best endurance mounts in the world!

I think the quality of the mounts at the PanAm was extremely high. It would be good to fully review the PanAm and quit with the guesses about numbers. (I think it was 17 horses treated?). It would be easy to apply the intime.to.pulsetime evaluation to PanAm, as the data is available for all horses, to see what effect applying the proposed new pulse criteria zones might have been. I don't recall seeing any >15min pulse times, but there may have been a few.

More directly, testing the proposed change against existing data (from swanton, from PanAm, from biltmore and any other rides for which the intime.to.pulsetime data is available) should be done as part of the process of reviewing the suitability of the change. It would be interesting to see if it would have effected anything.

> it's time for some changes? You've got to be kidding me here! What on earth does it take?

It's ALWAYS time for change. It's NEVER time for unthoughtful change. I don't mean to imply that thought has not gone into the current intime.to.pulsetime zones proposal, only that it's being taken to the next level of analysis.

Emotional evocation of basic principles doesn't contributge much to the objective analysis (just as blindly opining that the change isn't needed because everything is alright now doesn't help either).

johnt