Re: [RC] Chronic Thrush - Ed and Wendy Hauser

My first horse had that problem.  I was never able to get rid of it but I did keeep it under control.  I found that frog trimming was one key.  Every two weeks or so I would clean and trim out the cleft of the frog.  This prevented stuff from getting a start.  I treated acute with strong iodine, and put kopper tox on it every day or two, even if I saw no reason.

A  mess, but it can be done.  One just can't relax at all.  I remember one dry August, I stopped with the treatment.  Two days after the first September rain it was back.

Ed.
Ed and Wendy Hauser
1140 37th Street
Hudson, WI 54016