Re: [RC] which saddle to use - Kathy Mayeda

I think that the original inquiry was about Big Horns and Abettas.  I
know of several high mileage people that have competed in Big Horns
successfully, however they are indeed lightweights.   I would not
hesitate to suggest that somone starts out with an Abetta because they
are indeed a lot more forgiving than most off-the-rack saddles.

I went through a whole year of trying out several types of saddles
before I had the money to buy a ReactorPanel saddle that I love.
After having one I don't think that I would want to ride an Abetta in
longer distances than an LD because the RP is waaaay better.  But I do
like hacking around with the Abetta because it's synthetic and I dont'
have to spend any time on leather maintenance with them and have done
LD's in them without a single issue.

K.