[RC] [Endurance Riding: News] Qatar: Qtel sponsors endurance event - Endurance.Net

Gulf Times
Wednesday25/2/2009February, 2009

photo: Sheikh Saud bin Nasser al-Thani, executive director, Group Human Resources, Qtel (left) and Sheikh Hamad bin Ali al-Thani, president of the Qatar Endurance Committee seailing the agreement yesterday

Qtel yesterday announced that it will be the ‘Gold Sponsor’ of the Qatar International Endurance Cup, organised by the Qatar Endurance Committee for Horse Racing.
The Qatar International Endurance Cup is set to take place at the International Endurance Village in Sealine, Mesaieed on Saturday, and the six-hour race is set to attract racing enthusiasts from across the region.
As one of the toughest challenges in Qatar racing, the Endurance Cup is set to feature a number of leading endurance riders.
The partnership was announced at a special ceremony held at Qtel Headquarters in Doha, attended by representatives of the Qatar International Endurance Cup and Qtel.
In its role as Gold Sponsor, Qtel will provide material and technological support for the event, including a range of communication facilities on-site that will enable organisers and visitors to keep in touch with the race’s progress.
Sheikh Hamad bin Ali al-Thani, president of the Qatar Endurance Committee, said: “We are delighted that Qtel has agreed to become the Gold Sponsor for this year’s edition of the Qatar International Endurance Cup. The Cup has a very important place in the year’s racing calendar, and we are only able to provide such an exciting spectacle with the support of our local sponsors.”
Sheikh Saud bin Nasser al-Thani, executive director, Group Human Resources, Qtel, said: “One of the major goals of our sponsorship programme is to ensure that we are providing support for every event that has an emotional importance for our customers. Horse racing – and endurance racing in particular – has a long-standing appeal for many Qatar nationals, and we are delighted to be associated with an event of this caliber.”
Qtel is a long-term supporter of sport in Qatar and the region. It was a major sponsor of the Gulf Cup 2009, the Sony Ericsson Championships Doha, and the Qtel FIM Endurance World Championship.
At a local level, the company is the Official Sponsor of the Al Murqab Sailing Team, the first private sailing team in Qatar. It also supports a range of local teams and keep fit activity.
“Our sponsorship program blends seamlessly with our corporate social responsibility program, which looks to support the lives and interests of the people of Qatar. By supporting sport at all levels, we are not only ensuring that people can be entertained by sporting spectacles like the Qatar International Endurance Cup, we are also encouraging them to lead fit and active lives through sport, which can contribute to the health of the nation,” concluded Sheikh Saud.
Other sponsors for this year’s Endurance Cup include Qatar Airways, UDC, Qatar Petroleum, and Doha Bank.

--
Posted By Endurance.Net to Endurance Riding: News at 2/25/2009 02:22:00 PM