From long experience, I know that many of the promoters of land preservation, most often non-horse people, cannot (or will not) believe that horses do not cause destruction. It might be worth trying, but this would be a long, hard fight, which AERC would probably lose.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
From: Joe Long
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 8:21 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] re: RC] Bryce Canyon 5 day - Karen

The Wilderness Act was well intentioned and has much good about it.  The problem is that, like strip mining, it went to extremes.  We, through the AERC and other means, need to work toward not eliminating Wilderness designation but improving it.  Moving away from the extreme and  toward moderation, that allows non-destructive uses such as endurance rides.

Joe Long  aka ChipRider
jlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
“The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently

“The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.”  Friedrich Nietzsche