[RC] right vehicle for towing - Tx Trigger

Here is what can happen if the trailer is toooo big for the towing vehicle/ This was in our local paper.

I just can not compare the vehicles and trailer used in Europe etc. with our conditions in most of the USA. I'd say most of us end up on interstate highways, sharing the road with very large 18 wheelers going max speed, along with many more passenger cars on the road that I understand most of the European folks deal with. So to say that because a company like Brenderup designed a light trailer to be towed by smaller vehicles, to ME (obviously not everyone) does not mean that is safe to do with our conditions here in the US. Especially areas like So. CA, with its massive amount of freeways and way too many cars, that do not know how to drive around people towing.

To say one has never had an accident with their smaller vehicle is great, but I'd guess that most of us on this list, no matter what our 'rig' size is, can say the same thing. Thankfully, accidents with horse trailers are not common place, but if something does happen, I want to feel I have the best vehicle towing my trailer to prevent accidents caused by not having the right tow vehicle for the trailer, AND road conditions.

I'm not gonna change anyone's mind who has towed how ever many miles with their little F-150, or SUV that they are under equipped. And they will not change MY mind, that towing with anything less that a 3/4 ton is asking for issues.

Jonni