[RC] GPS Recommendations? - Michelle Aquilino

I have a garmin etrex vista hcx.  It's waterproof, which I find incredibly reassuring.  Don't have to worry about weather, or an accidental dropping in a river.  I've never lost signal except when in a parking garage or a tunnel (never have experienced lost signal while out on trail).  The battery also lasts more than long enough for a slow 50, and even almost long enough for a slow 100 if you use the backlight minimally.  I also use it for driving too, as it also has direction capability (and the programming for this is also excellent).  Depending on what features you're looking for, you could probably find something smaller or cheaper, but I wanted it to double up for the car too.  And once I found it, with the waterproof feature and incredibly long battery life, I simply HAD to have that feature =)  I would recommend it though, I love it.  And a quick check shows no other comparable gps unit from garmin with a comparable battery life.  Anyway, those are my thoughts, and some things to consider =)
-Michelle

--
"Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"