[RC] Happy Thanksgiving, and Season Finale ride - Lucie Hess

 First, I just want to say Happy Thanksgiving to all my dear friends throughout the Country.  Distance Riding has given me  the best prople to have as friends.    I am truly greatful for each and everyone of you.
A friend of mine, when he calls me always says first thing.."Where in the Wrold is Lucie?'   Well, if he calls today, I'll tell him Chandler, Oklahoma, where it was 29 degrees and there was  ice on the horse buckets.
This is a great campground, we have Elec. and Water at the campsites.  It's at a lake site which I believe is a local community water supply.  The name of the lake is " Bell Cow".. I'm sure it has something to do with a cow trhat lived here a 100 years ago that wore a Bell. If I find out different, I'll let you know

Right now I'm enjoying a cup of Tea.. I'm out of coffee    I fed Spanky, and crawled back into bed to be lazy and play on the Internet.  With the electric blanket and furnace running!  It's a hard life!
I kept hearing what sounded like my horse doing something to the trailer.. something loud and booming. Turns out there are Duck hunters and they are shooting a bunch!  Horses don't seem to care.  They sure keep on shooting.. I guess they keep missing?  Go Ducks!

Today the general plan is to set up for the ride, help with the entries later this afternoon. But the best plan is our Thanksgiving Dinner planned for this afternoon. Joanie Bass is cooking a Turkey using cast iron over a fire.. That is so good! The rest of us are bring side dishes,

There will be a 50 and an LD tomorrow and Saturday. I hear perhaps 50 riders total for each day. Not sure how it breaks out for LD/ Endurance.  I plan to ride both days in the LD and finish out the year in LD and then 50's for next year.  I haven't ridden consistant 50's since the 90's..  I haven't had a horse who was sound enough..  Unfortunately, Spanky, who I bought for 50's and 100's had a leg issue early on and now he's been rehabbed for several years and getting back into condition.. so far so good. He did one slow 50 in Ohio, and 1 back to back LD ride.
So I think he's good to go and try to win all the turtle awards we can riding endurance!  Only time will tell.
Ok, I guess I better get ready for the day, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Columbia, Missouri
NATRC Region 6
AERC # 65
AERC Central Region