[RC] euthanasia - Chipnml

I currently own a 32 year-old horse.  At his age I feel blessed for every day I have him, and am aware I could lose him any time.  I have made it clear to my family that if anything happens to me, he is to be euthanized.  He is on a special diet, and is fairly high maintenance, but with the care I give him, his quality of life is good right now.  I would not expect anyone else to take on that responsibility.  Also, I have seen too many instances of horses taken on by well-meaning people who think a retired horse can just be kicked out in a back pasture, with no special care.  I have owned this horse for 28 years, and I would rather have him put down than to have him confused and wondering why his life has changed after so many years of the same person taking care of him.

Chip