RE: [RC] AERC members should come first...ALWAYS - Maryben Stover

The FEI riders hold bake sales and beg and borrow to be able to go to the rides.  They are not wealthy as a group although some of them might be.  I sacrifice the same way you do, I am way beyond retirement age and still work so that I can feed my 5 horses that I don't even ride. I have two that are mostly rescues and three that are endurance horses but I have not ridden them in years................mb

From: bluemoonfarm90@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: merryben@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] AERC members should come first...ALWAYS
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:54:15 +0000

So..without sponsors, how do these FEI riders manage without the hope of recouping their money? Or are most of them wealthy to begin with? Kinda like I don't own racehorses either.
And, while I am not in this game at all, I think your idea of sacrifice is entirely different than mine. In today's economy and job situation, I sacrifice to be able to have my horses fed and enter regular rides. It's not that I don't believe in sacrifice, it's just that I don't have any place left to cut.