RE: [RC] Helmet ? - Terry Banister

Hey, does anyone have an eventing skullcap helmet that they could put a regular cowboy hat over? Maybe that would work for "the look" (?)

Terry
"May the Horse be with You"

From: dotwgns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ebeyrider@xxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Helmet ?
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 22:43:41 -0600

About a month ago our Govenor and Lt Govenor were part of a  "ground breaking" ceremony at a big construction site.  Both are cowboys at heart, both were wearing cowboy hats.  I'm not sure about the Govenor but in the newspaper photo the Lt Govenor was clearly wearing a cowboy hat helmet, complete with the chin strap, it wasn't hooked.  You could see the dial at the back for fit.
It looked just like a cowboy hat should, not clunky at all.

Someone must know how to make a good one.    All most all rodeo cowboys are wearing vests, it's not unusual to see protective head gear.  I've seen several barrel racers in helmets too.