RE: [RC] Helmet ? - Maryben Stover

Actually, I have seen Robert in a helmet..................mb

From: bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: johnt@xxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Helmet ?
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 11:43:48 -0700

Photo 128 - Crockett Dumas, in my mind, has always felt like he is Butch Cassidy reincarnated.
Photo 130 - Matt Madeiros, I think; at least his son is protected.
Photo 156 - I don't think anyone could ever get Robert Ribley into a helmet, but I could be wrong.  Never seen him in one. Unless his western hat has a helmet inside of it.  There were some made, many years ago.  Maybe the company went out of business due to lack of interest in their product.

I had a hard time getting my husband into a helmet for the reasons that some other guys have - it just doesn't suit their image. Image be darned, I'd rather have the protection than a cracked skull.  Lud sustained a nasty concussion after a horse fell out from under him, at a flat-footed walk, on a flat trail.  He hit the back of his head on an exposed tree root. He always wears a helmet now, and it looks stunning on him.

I wear one whenever I ride, and I forget I have it on.  I walk into the house to fix dinner and have to remember to take it off.

Barbara