[RC] competitive vs herd bound - Donna DeYoung

Oh. My horse is BOTH herd bound AND competitive. I don't mind the competitive part - the desire to go faster to catch up and pass other horses, and keep going fast even after we've passed them. I can handle that and it's only slightly irritating. What I don't like is when a horse "loses" his brains and ignores the fact that a rider is on his back or is on purpose fighting the rider to get them off their back so they can go about their business and bolt off at a full gallop to join the other horses.
Donna