[RC] out of control freak - Mary Boulware

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 3:05 AM
Subject: [RC] out of control freak

Donna absolutely everything you have described is my gelding, Cairo.  I thought you were talking about him so much the same.
I got him from a friend 5 years ago who had only had him a short while and friend was sick so could no longer ride. I always loved this horse .   He came from a young girl that had raised and mostly did Hunter pleasure work with him.  Still luv him but I did all the calming, attention training, slow, miles, separating and lots of CTR (still pretty wacko in CTR) stuff then back to Endurance and never got better in the starts until last year I only competed him twice and once in the Canadian Nationals and don't know what light went on but he was fab, no head shakes, no rears, snorts stomping or that awful pogo stick gait.  Just forward and steady!  Thought he was sick but he did so well like I knew he would if I could focus the energy the right way as he has a super great recovery and CRI.  We ended up 7th overall and 1st AHA, 4th Canadian so wow proved he had the talent I knew was hidden in that small brain.   Thing is this year... first ride he really lost his nut and completely unfocused so much he slipped off trail and clipped himself so we pulled at 30 miles.   Go figure really have no clue what the trick is and he is an angel on trail at condition/pleasure rides alone or with company as long as they are not too far away.  Real sweet personality too such a shame so I just live with it as best I can.   But I tell ya as I age and tire faster with the hard starts I really enjoy my young horse that I started this year.... A bit of a rowdy starter at rides but very focused and fun.
Wish ya the best!

Mary