RE: [RC] Regarding the Mongol Derby - Kat/Terry/FEI Position - Terry Banister

>That information has now been passed to the UAE who have expressed the wish
to provide elite level Veterinary Support, both in terms of equipment and
experienced personnel, to the organisers through the Mongolian Government
both pre, during and post event.<

There! Now the little ponies will at least have Veterinary Support, because until this point, there was nothing - but a lie.

> Face it, the Adventurists will gain more PR w/ this event than the LRG
 has ever enjoyed.<

Didn't I read somewhere that the little ponies will only be traveling 25 miles before they are switched out? If so, how is that glory/"PR" the same thing that the LRG riders accomplish?! It's not the same (equine) acheivement. But I do agree that the LRG "doth protest too much" in order to be perceived as superior.
And I still say these Mongol "Adventurers" could probably receive even more PR by doing the trek on foot. But, now that the UAE will be stepping in financially, I am sure it will be fine. They have plenty of Humm-Vs.

Terry
"May the Horse be with You"