Re: [RC] Fly predator question - Truman Prevatt

k s swigart wrote:
Here in Florida, long about March/April, we get these
 awful small black flies (some call them gnats, but they're
 hard and black) and they just SWARM the horses.  Will
 fly predators take care of these flies?

If they are Blackflies (which is what they sound like from your description), then no, fl
predators won't do anything about them.

That's exactly what they are. We normally don't have many of them in FL - except the this year the abnormal amount of rainfall has brought them out in droves.  http://entomology.ifas.ufl.edu/creatures/livestock/bfly.htm for more than you ever wanted to know about them.

Truman

--
“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience

“I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience. And in addition, to whatever measure this term has any meaning, science has the additional virtue, and it is not an inconsiderable one, of being true.” Carl Sagan