Re:[RC] diarrhea/pudding stools - judy-long

My appaloosa (Color) had a problem with chronic diarrhea for several years from the I got him until a few years ago.  He was shipped to California from Indiana when he was about 2 1/2 and he is 11 now.

To sum up his story, he turned out to have duodenitis and some evidence of ulcers which both were most likely caused by his mild case of PSSM.   He was treated with gastrogard, has a regular exercise program, and gets a cup of oil in his diet every day.   This seems to have resolved the diarrhea problem and he has not had any episodes of being colicy after a ride.

Here's a link to an email I sent to ridecamp at the time with more details:

http://www.endurance.net/RideCamp/archives/past/06/21/msg00198.html

Judy Long
Hayward, Ca.