[RC] Grip vs. Chafing - Shelly Williams

OK, I need some recommendations on either a cover for my saddle or new tights. I have a Wintec all purpose, which is the synthetic leather ("pleather") with synthetic suede knee rolls. I find it a little slick. I tried the Kerrits grip tight riding tights, but started loosing skin under my seat bones. They also made it hard to dismount in a hurry. I seem to have some low grade balance issues even when my ear isn't acting up (I missed OD due to being too dizzy to ride) and would like to have some grip without getting rubbed (I do wear suede half chaps, but always have issues getting my skin rubbed off during long rides in other unmentionable and very uncomfortable areas). I have avoided saddle covers in the past because they don't look very good for rainy days. How are the deerskin full seat tights?