Re: [RC] Grip vs. Chafing - Sisu West Ranch

Rubs happen when the layer of clothing next to the skin moves over the skin.  If the saddle and tights stick together then the clothing will move over the skin and a rub happen.

One way to solve this is to have a very slick saddle and slick tights.  My first saddle was completely slick, and when I started endurance I purchased slick nylon riding tights.  Being used to little or no friction between me and the saddle, I have never felt the need to purchase gear to increase "grip".

If balance issues prevent this then you need a tight layer next to the skin that slips on the outer layer of clothing.  May I suggest panty hose under the tights.  When I first started riding Endurance there was one competitor who wore cowboy clothing including blue jeans.  I asked him how he prevented rubs from the jeans.  He confessed that he wore panty hose under the jeans.  At this point his wife chimed in, much to his embarrassment, that he was embarrassed to purchase them himself and he made her do it.  The funny part was my vision of a 5' 100 lb woman purchasing panty hose that would fit a 6' 4" 240 lb man.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875